Nature Care College Gets Covered With An Enterprise Wireless Solution
Nature Care College has been leading the field of natural therapies and complementary medicine education & training since 1973. They have had their status as the best natural therapies educator consistently reaffirmed by Australia’s practitioner population with Nature Care College remaining the number 1 recommended college within the industry.
Nature Care College previously had a basic wireless solution which unfortunately did not meet the growing demands of the college and was in most part unusable.
With so much reliance by students and staff members on the wireless network, it was of high importance that the issue be resolved.
Stanfield IT then worked to install a Fortigate Wireless solution for Nature Care College which provided the following functionality:
- Allow students to wirelessly access the Internet without accessing the internal network.
- Allow staff members to wirelessly access both the Internet and the internal network.
- Reporting and monitoring that allows the college to see how the network is performing at any given time including reports such as real time blocking of malicious traffic and real time monitoring of bandwidth usage.
- Management of bandwidth and priority of traffic set for voice and real time video.
- A UTM (Unified Threat Management) solution that prevents attacks, filters out malicious applications and traffic at the network level helping to prevent issues even reaching the computers and servers.
- Full wireless coverage in the areas that matter and in highly dense areas such as training rooms.
Since its installation, Stanfield IT has proved to be a valuable asset for Nature Care College, by providing ongoing monitoring and maintenance of the wireless solution to ensure it is working at it’s peak at all times.
The wireless solution has performed very well for all of the staff and students and has proved to be a reliable and cost effective outcome for the college.