At some point, every business will have several reasons to use managed IT services. Someone who has in-depth knowledge of the best tools and technologies to benefit your business now and in the long term.
A flexible, switched-on IT service provider who can adapt your systems and processes as your business evolves.
And if you have a suite of different devices in your business – laptops, computers, servers etc – then it’s time to turn to an IT expert you may have found some reasons to use managed IT services.
The pitfalls of in-house IT management
Many businesses stumble along managing their own IT. Trouble is, you don’t know what you don’t know. And that lack of current IT information and insight can put your business at risk.
Who has checked for backups recently? Are your computers patched against malware? Are your application servers in check? Did anyone terminate an employee’s access when they left the business – and do they still have remote access to your cloud-based services? That sensitive data could fall into the wrong hands.
There are many IT tasks that need to be kept on top of, not to mention issues to anticipate, avoid or fix fast to minimise downtime.
The benefits of managed IT services
More than 50 percent of businesses now outsource their IT – or are planning to, according to Deloitte’s most recent global survey – and it’s easy to see why:
5 Reasons to use managed IT services for your business
1. Fixed priced IT support and management. That means no bill shock and the option to only pay for what you need, when you need it.
2. Expert skills and flexibility. When you do things in-house, what happens when your IT person is away and they’re the only one who knows how to manage your systems? We’ve seen many businesses come to a screeching halt when this happens.
3. Reliability with automation. Because managed service providers have to make their offerings cheaper than doing IT in-house, they automate processes as much as possible. That means crucial tasks aren’t forgotten or neglected, and you get consistency and peace of mind.
4. Focus on your business. When you’re not worrying about managing your own IT, you can focus on the things that are important to you, and drive greater growth and profit.
5. Reduced risk. With proactive IT support, your systems are always up-to-date. This prevents problems and vulnerabilities, lowering your risk and keeping you ahead of the competition.
As you can see, managed IT services are a wise investment to keep your business growing – and to secure your sensitive data and information.